Air Operated Diaphragm Pumps
An AODD pump moves fluid by the alternate and repeated back-and-forth movement (strokes) of two flexible membranes or diaphragms mounted on a common shaft. Although diaphragm pumps can be driven directly, with the shaft connected directly to a motor, an AODD pump uses compressed air with a sophisticated distribution system directing the air alternately to two air chambers on the opposite sides of the diaphragms.
AODD pumps are generally used for transfer applications and can handle a wide variety of products including sludges, slurries, abrasive and shear sensitive fluids. Although they are robust, reliable and easy to maintain they can be noisy, prone to icing, and are limited to low pressure applications.
Electric Diaphragm Pumps
Graco’s electric double diaphragm pumps (EODD) are ideal for applications that require low pulsation and a smooth flow. Graco’s energy efficient electric drive reduces energy consumption up to 5x compared to traditional air operated diaphragm pumps.
Eliminate unnecessary pump failures, improve your facilities energy efficiency and create a quieter and cleaner work environment for your employees. Graco’s Husky e-Series pump will help you achieve all of those.
- Up to 80% more efficient than an air operated diaphragm pump
- The first electric diaphragm pump on the market that will stall under pressure
- Reduce pulsation without the addition of pulsation dampeners
- Mobile cart options available for easy and quick movement
- Can run dry
- Self-priming (no need to fill the pump to operate)
- Available in 3 gearbox options: 130, 215 & 330 L/min
- Patent pending technology allows pump to stall under pressure preventing pump failures from clogged lines or closed valves
- Energy efficient electric drive reduces energy consumption up to 5 times compared to traditional air operated diaphragm pumps
- Seal-less diaphragm pump design eliminates leaking and failures due to run-dry pump conditions