The Type 502 mechanical seal is one of the best-performing rubber bellows seals available. It is suitable for general service and provides excellent performance in a wide range of hot water and mild chemical duties. It is specifically designed for confined spaces and limited gland lengths.
Self-aligning feature compensates for excessive shaft end play and run-out. Suitable for all types of rotary equipment, pumps, marine, mixers, agitators, blowers, fans and compressors in a variety of service applications.
Supplied completely assembled for fast installation and field repairable Complies with DIN 24960, ISO 3069, and BS.5257:1975
- Completely assembled one-piece design for fast installation, unitised design incorporates positive retainer/key drive from bellows
- Non-clogging, single coil spring provides greater dependability than multiple spring designs. Will not be affected by build-up of solids
- Full convolution elastomeric bellows seal designed for confined spaces and limited gland depths.
- Self-aligning feature compensates for excessive shaft end play and run-out
- BI-directional and robust drive to the seal face eliminates stresses on the bellows
- Available in metric sizes from 14mm to 100mm
For the seal & seat faces, you can select from Carbon/Ceramic/Nitrile, Carbon/Silicon/Viton or Silicon/Silicon/Viton materials.